"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Dream Fulfilled



I am pleased and excited to announce that my book, I Will Give Them More Shot:  Ramsey's 1st Regiment Georgia Volunteers, has just been released by Mercer University Press.  The result of over six years of research and writing, this is very much a dream come true for me.  I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. Marc Jolley and the rest of the staff at Mercer University Press.  I Will Give Them One More Shot is available through Mercer Press at http://www.mupress.org/, as well as most major online booksellers.  My great hope is that you will enjoy reading the book as much as I did researching and writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment