"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Upcoming

Got another busy weekend coming up.  Saturday I will be exhibiting I Will Give Them One More Shot at the Blue Ridge Bookfest at Blue Ridge Community College (not far from where I live - nice to have a very short commute).    Monday I'll be in Cumming, Georgia, speaking to the Sons of Confederate Veterans Col. Hiram Parks Bell Camp #1642 at the Bell Research Center.  And Monday I'll be signing books from from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm at Scott's Book Store in Newnan, Georgia.

There's more information about the Bookfest here.  I'd like to invite everyone to stop by and say hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment