"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to the blog of the First Georgia Volunteer Infantry Regiment (Ramsey’s). Through this blog I hope to share my enthusiasm for this regiment, in which one of my ancestors served. It’s my intention to post information about my upcoming book, I Will Give Them One More Shot, Ramsey’s 1st Regiment Georgia Volunteers, with appearance dates and upcoming events, along with historical material about these Georgia soldiers, including additional material that did not make it into the book. I hope you will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment