"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Civil War Novel


I am very pleased to present the cover art for my novel entitled My Brother, My Friend, My Enemy. Based very loosely on part of my family history, this is the story of two brothers who find themselves fighting on opposite sides during the American Civil War. Much of the research done for I Will Give Them One More Shot was also used in the novel. Copyedit work is underway, with the intention of having the book ready for release by Thanksgiving.  It will be available through Amazon.com and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment