"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Thursday, March 7, 2013

More "Shameless Self-Promotion"

My Brother, My Friend, My Enemy is now available in Nook format through Barnes and Noble.  The listing is available here.

This book has been very much a labor of love for me.  I started it over 16 years ago following a conversation with my aunt Cecil Costine about ancestors who served in the Civil War.  During the research for the novel, I became enthralled with the story of the First Georgia Volunteers, so this manuscript ended up on the shelf while I completed that book.  I finally resumed rewriting just about a year ago, and am thrilled to finally have it out.  I hope everyone enjoys it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment