"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The First Review


"I Will Give Them One More Shot" has received its first review.  As a first-time author, I have to admit to a bit of trepidation when I learned that One More Shot was coming up for appraisal by Andrew Wagenhoffer of the blog "Civil War Books and Authors." Thus I opened his website this morning with more than a bit of anxiousness.  I was very pleased and gratified by Drew's assessment, and I would like to thank him for his kind and flattering words.  The full review can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment