"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Saturday, February 5, 2011

OOOPS!!!

It has come to my attention that the chart that accompanies Appendix B on page 258 of "I Will Give Them One More Shot" was inadvertently left out during the book's first printing. I would like to offer my apologies for this omission. Mercer University Press has advised that this chart will be reinserted during subsequent print runs. To obtain a printable copy of the chart, please click on the link in the left hand column, which will open a page on my website.  There you will find a link for a .pdf file, which when printed on front and back of the same sheet of paper, can be cut and inserted between pages 258 and 259.

No comments:

Post a Comment