"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Documentary about a Documentary?

David Woodbury recently posted the following YouTube video on his blog, "of Battlefields and Bibliophiles", and I thought it was so hilarious I wanted to share it.  If you watched the entire run of Ken Burns "The Civil War," you should find this as funny as I did.


The creator of this video says "this was a video I wrote and produced in 2001 after watching the Ken Burns documentary The Civil War. It was shown in the 2001 Hot Docs festival in Toronto."

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. My wife and I laughed ourselves silly over it!

    ReplyDelete