"Peculiarly distinguished among the advance guard, where all were distinguished, must be recorded . . . Private J. W. Brown, of Company F, First Georgia Regiment, who, upon hearing the order to fall back, exclaimed, 'I will give them one more shot before I leave,' and while ramming down his twenty-ninth cartridge fell dead at his post." - General Henry R. Jackson in his report of the Battle of Greenbrier River.


Thursday, May 6, 2010

One More Shot

I am very pleased to display the cover art for my book, I Will Give Them One More Shot.  The book is currently in copyedit, and is scheduled for release in December.  I think Mercer University Press has done a fine job, and I look forward to sharing it with everyone.

(The promised post on the brothers will be online this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment